Tuesday, November 16, 2010

less IS more........Right?


Ever since I was a child my parents have always “spoiled” me and gotten me everything I’ve wanted BUT I had to EARN it. I had chores and my report card had to be on point. When I talked back to my mother or got a mediocre grade I got less treats.

As an adult with no children and a good job I’m in a position to get myself basically whatever I need and want. Whenever I go to the mall, browse a magazine or a website if there’s something that catches my eye I purchase it for myself. The other day I was in Sephora and I purchased an eye shadow quad, as soon as I got into the car a voice in my head said “gurl you already have all of these colors at home” sooo I went right to another Sephora and returned it! When I got home I started going through all of my make up and accessories and realized I had a lot of stuff that I don’t use, some stuff not even opened. Then I went through my shoes 3 diff pairs of leopard flats, three of this two of that….FOR WHAT? Yeah it’s nice to have options but I think its getting kind of ridiculous, so I’ve decided  I’m going to start setting goals for myself and if I achieve them then I’ll reward myself by getting something I want because I’m getting out of control I always find myself throwing stuff out or giving it away which is a total waste.

 I mean I need to be  saving money for a rainy day right?? =/.

I’ve created a “wish list” of things that I want BUT I’m going to try my hardest not to get them until I reach some sort of goal. I haven’t come up with any specific goals yet, I have to think carefully about that. &&& since Christmas is coming up I’ll share my wish list with you guys just in case you wanna reward me for being a good girl  HA!




Kitchen Aide Artisan Stand Mixer $299.00 
(cook for the cure edition)
 
Sephora Collection Midnight Train Case $92  



   
CHI Classic Flat Iron $99



Oneida 24 Cup Cake Carrier


I definitely will be adding more things to the list, i'm just that* kinda gal ;-)