Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Empanadas




Or meat pies or beef patties whatever you prefer

I love these and my family loves them even more…it’s always requested that I bring these to whatever party or event I’m invited to. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as we do

Ingredients

1lb ground sirloin (I’m sure you can substitute with ground turkey but I’m not about THAT life)
1 can tomato sauce
chopped garlic
sazon
herbs de provence
adobo
onion/garlic powder
2 packs of goya (puff pastry) empanada shells
1 bag of mexican blend shredded cheese
vegetable oil


 I eyeball everything so I’m sorry I can’t give you exact measurements but all seasonings should be added to taste. I go heavy on the chopped garlic because I love it! - the tomato sauce is really my secret weapon and of course you can’t go wrong with cheese, I use the whole bag…but if you don’t want it you can totally omit it.




Directions

Defrost empanda shells



Brown meat and season, drain oil if you have to. Once the meat is done sprinkle with cheese and let cool

 when the meat is cool add a heaping tablespoonful into shell. You can close shell using a fork OR you can pinch it down with your fingers. I prefer to use my fingers because it’s much faster than the fork method. 

Deep fry until golden brown and enjoy!