Sunday, September 30, 2012

September Foodie Files

Within the past few weeks I visited a few restaurants that I'd heard about. I was pleased by some and disappointed in others! The first place I went was Brooklyn Cupcake in Williamsburg HATED IT! No shade but as a baker I'm very critical of sweets...I tried tres leche, coquito, tiramisu, choco cheesecake and coconut - although they had interesting flavors they just didn't do it for me and I'll leave it at that. 


Next stop was Arancini Bros rice ball shop - I was very pleased...the rice balls were almost* perfect. The only thing I didn't like too much was the breadcrumbs they coated the balls in but besides that,  they were amazeee! Surprisingly the meatless one was my favorite.


pesto x mozzarella x tomato


Ragu

Neeeext was Artichoke Basille they're best known for their Artichoke slice but they also serve a crab slice which I ordered and did not like :-( however my bestie ordered the infamous artichoke slice and a margherita slice, they were both amazing. I know better next time.